Organizational change management:
The focus is around broad change management practices and skills that will help the organization understand, accept and support the needed business change. The primary focus is around change management strategies, communication plans and training programs. The involved parties include project team members, human resources and key business leaders that sponsor the change.
Organizational change management provides the knowledge and skills to implement a methodology and tools for managing change throughout an organization.
Individual change management:
The focus here is around the tools and techniques to help an employee transition through the change process. The primary concerns are the coaching required to help individuals understand their role, the necessary changes they need to adapt decisions they make in the change process. In this area, VST will provide tools that employees can use to navigate their way through the change.
In the training sessions, delegates can expect to have:
- Considered the realities, risks and opportunities associated with managing change and the key things to ‘get right’
- Reviewed data and their own experience showing the reasons for success and failure of change
- Reviewed what is included within change management for IT-enabled change
- Walked through and applied a good practice change management framework and key elements of an IT change management toolkit
- Practiced applying several tools within this framework to case studies they will realistically face
- Considered critical elements of IT change management, including:
- The impact of IT-enabled change on policy, processes, key performance indicators and roles
- Training strategies for IT-enabled change
- Practiced planning for change management associated with ‘go-live’ and beyond
- Discussed and challenged a variety potential change management strategies for some key stakeholder groups for realistic case studies
- What makes effective communication both on a one to one basis and with multiple audiences
- Practiced difficult conversations concerning change including building resilience and recognizing and handling resistance
- Considered good practice in systems implementations and applied this to a planning exercise